Behind Closed Doors

I just finished reading the new
book "Behind Closed Doors."
It was published by Mikki
Morrisette in cooperation
with the Donor Sibling Registry.

It is a book that tells the story
of donor conception from the
side of the donor, the donor conceived
child and the parents of those
children.

I read it in one sitting.
It was sad and insightful and
truthful.

Conceiving a child with the
use of donor gametes creates
so many feelings and touches
more than the parent and the
child.

The feelings range from joy,
excitement, fear, guilt, longing,
shame, love, understanding, anger,
jealousy, and acceptance.

If you know anyone that has
used donor gametes or third
party reproduction, this is an
excellent book for them to read.

I think it should also be a mandatory book
for health professionals involved in the
reproductive endocrinology field.

It really opened my eyes to all
the consequences that evolve from
these forms of assisted reproduction.

I appreciate all the people
who put their feelings out there
for the public to view.
Good job everyone!

5 comments:

ivf2women said...

Hi Janice,

I have been blogging about finding recipients for my spare embryos at http://embryodonation.blogspot.com/

I have mentioned your books several times. I would like a press kit or list of book titles so I can feature your books more prominently.

We use your wonderful book for our own children (tho we had to print out different parent names and pronouns since you don't have a book for female couples where one woman gave the eggs and her partner carried the baby).

Be well,

Donore3

joseysmom said...

Janice, just wanted to tell you how much I love reading your blog! Keep it up. So good to hear your thoughts too.

Gretchen

Dr. Deb said...

Wow, what a great book to have as a resource. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hi Janice,

I'm a 54 year old woman who has a 19 year old donor conceived daughter. I guess your blog caught my eye because she was conceived and born in Dubuque, IA. I would really like to correspond with you privately at last3digits@yahoo.com. It's concerning any information you might have about others that used CLI.

Thanks,

Chris

Anonymous said...

Chris,
You can email me privately at janice@xyandme.com